LEAD TIME: Due to recent high demand, fulfillment time can take up to 7 days. We appreciate all the support we've received and are working hard to bring this lead time down.
Compatible with all AK-47 and AK-74 magazines.
AK magazines are notorious for snagging in mag pouches on belts and magazine inserts in chest rigs due to the two protruding tabs on the front and back of the AK magazine. This is why we created our own AK mag insert that 100% eliminates snagging issues.
- Compatible with all AK-47 and AK-74 magazines.
- The Triple Mag version fits the Haley D3CRM, Spiritus Systems MK5, HRT Maximus and other chest rigs similar in size. It will not fit the Spiritus Systems MK4. For the MK4, you would have to purchase the Double Mag version. Check the dimensions below to verify.
- Hook on both sides (so make sure your chest rig or placard has loop on both sides).
- Dimensions of the Triple Mag Insert with Magpul PMAGs inserted (due to the elastic nature of the insert, the width and thickness may vary depending on the magazines you use): 9.25in (23.5cm) wide x 5in (12.7cm) tall x 1.4in (3.5cm) thick.
Note: due to the elastic nature of the insert, the overall width (side to side) may exceed 9.25in depending on the magazines you use. A good rule of thumb is: if you can fit three of your AK magazines into your chest rig / placard (with no insert) and still have about half an inch of space left over on either side then this insert will fit in your rig.
Dimensions of Double Mag Insert with Magpul PMAGs inserted (due to the elastic nature of the insert, the width and thickness may vary depending on the magazines you use): 6in (15.25cm) wide x 5in (12.7cm) tall x 1.4in (3.5cm) thick.
- Easily insert and remove AK magazines 100% snag-free.
- Genuine Velcro brand hook so that it stays in place in your chest rig.
- Feed lip polymer used is strong yet flexible making it virtually impossible to break when in use and has excellent chemical and heat resistance.
- Made in the United States
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can you use steel mags with this insert? Yes
- Will AR-15 mags work with this insert? This insert is specifically designed for AK mags but if you really want to use AR mags with it you can. Retention will not be as tight as an insert specifically designed for AR-15 mags but it may be sufficient for your use. In other words, if you like to hang upside down when shooting, then we don't recommend using this insert for AR-15 mags.
- What kind of retention does it have? It's a friction fit retention similar to any other elastic based pouch/insert that doesn't have active retention (paracord loop or flap on top).
- Any issues running 30 round mags? No issues. The only reason we took pictures and video with 20 rounders was to make it easier to keep everything in frame and keep the focus on the insert and not the magazines.
- MIL-W-17337 Cordura Berry Compliant Webbing
- MIL-W-5664 Type 2 Class 1 Berry Compliant Elastic
- Genuine Velcro brand hook fastener
- PETG Polymer
NOTE: AK magazines and chest rig not included and are shown in pictures for illustration purposes only.